Notes From The Common
- There are no planned volunteering opportunities for this summer 2013
- Scrub Works
- All scrub works have now stopped during the summer. The scrub plan will be reviewed in August and the 2013-2014 works will be drawn up at this stage ready for the winter. Additional photos have been added so that you can see the work that has been carried out.
- M & G Developments will again carry out the scrub works in their last of a three year agreed program. Other contractors will have an opportunity to price for future works from October 2014.
- Pond Works
- I shall ask Sally Pattison to provide an update on this project
- Owls and Starlings
- No further update
- Bristol Water
- Bristol water have completed their works along the North of Inglestone Common and shall be removing all of the fencing and will restore the grassland in disturbed areas.
- Weed Control
- Due to the late season of vegetation growth, weed control as per the plan will now be delayed. Monthly visits are taking place and recorded to ensure timely operations
- Local Graziers will carry out the topping of weeds as per the three year plan on rotation.
- HLS Staffing
- Mike Plumb who has been looking after the Higher Level Stewardship for the last two years will be leaving the council at the end of June 2013. Sally Pattison will take over in the interim until a replacement officer is appointed